Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chain of fools

What am I getting myself into?

So...I went to the scrap metal yard with my dad and found these things. Pretty much just stainless steel washers with little rods attached to them. I thought they looked like little flowers and were kind of cute so I bought some.




I bought 22 pounds of them to be exact, digging them out of piles of rubbish and throwing them in a pile.




And then I organized the pile as such.




The plan is for them to be the backside of my chair. I'm going to weld all 1 bajillion of them together (I have no idea how to weld). The side shown here is going to be covered with a quilted cushion (I have no idea how to quilt), so the side that will show will be smoother and mostly just look like a bunch of washers.




I got pretty tired from organizing them all, so I took a nap next to my creation to show scale.



This is going to be a catastrophe.



Some photos from happier times:






Visiting my brother in Colorado...p.s. I'm going to work for him this summer in Fort Lauderdale! Hurray...








Utah!

No comments: